Last updated December 15, 2020
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Like many other Web sites, Almostecofriendly.com makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Country from which you are accessing the site, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, we may obtain information about you through other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, and other third parties. This information includes email addresses, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and social media profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express and interest in obtaining information about us, when you participate in activities on Almostecofriendly.com (such as by signing up for emails from us, or leaving a comment on the site), or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the features that you use. The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to: names, email addresses, contact preferences, and other similar information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via the site for a variety of business purposes as described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on listed below.
- To enable user-to-user communications
- To send administrative information to you
- To protect our site and services
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- To send you marketing and promotional communications
- To deliver targeted advertising to you
- For other business related purposes
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- We may process your data if you have given specific consent to us, allowing us to use your personal information for a specific purpose
- We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests
- Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract
- We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved
- We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the site, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with the website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade and of your information with third-parties for promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we instruct them to. They also will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use the site. These companies may use information about your visits to our sites and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, or other content to the site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the site, such personal information may be viewed by users who visit the site.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH
- Advertising and Direct Marketing: WordAds
- Affiliate Marketing Programs: ShareASale
- Web And Mobile Analysis: Jetpack
- Website Hosting: WordPress.com
5. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
The site may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services, or applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services, or applications that may be linked to from Almostecofriendly.com. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your own risk. You should only access the site within a secure environment.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK-FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have submitted information to the site, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the site. To request removal of such data please contact us using the email address below. We will make sure that the data is not publicly displayed on the site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all of our systems.
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the state of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
Almostecofriendly.com may collect and share your personal information through:
- Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
- Click redirects: WordAds
- Social media plugins: We use social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the ‘Share This’ button on our site. Such features may process your Internet Protocol (IP) address and track which page you are visiting on our site. We may place a cookie to enable the feature to work correctly. If you are logged in on a certain social media platform and you interact with a widget or button belonging to that social media platform, this information may be recorded to your profile of such social media platform. To avoid this, you should log out from that social media platform, before accessing this site. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide them. By clicking on one of these buttons, you agree to the use of this plugin and consequently the transfer of personal information to the corresponding social media service. We have no control over the essence and extent of these transmitted data as well as their additional processing
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own legitimate business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
Almost Eco-Friendly has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
- Category F. Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other sites, applications, systems, and advertisements.
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information
- the categories of personal information that we collect
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights
Other Privacy Rights:
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate and authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that the have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA
- you may request to opt-out from the future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW IS CHILDREN’S INFORMATION PROTECTED
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Almostecofriendly.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Almostecofriendly.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at Almostecofriendly@gmail.com